Dick Cheney went to Cheyenne, Wyoming and gave a post heart transplant speech at the Republican state convention. The speech went on for an hour and fifteen minutes and Dick Cheney, with no shame or discomfort whatsoever, called President Obama's presidency "an unmitigated disaster".
Those words came out of the mouth of a man who flunked out of college and took so long to graduate that he was able to dodge the entire Vietnam war with "education" and "hardship" deferrals.
Such a vicious attack from a man who had two DWI arrests, was instrumental in the CIA identity leak scandal involving Valerie Plame Wilson, and waited for days to answer to the public about shooting his friend in the face.
This came from a once sitting Vice President who disappeared from public view, unavailable to calm the nation during the worst terrorist attack ever on American soil.
Last August, Robert Scheer said this about Dick:
" Behold this unctuous knave, a disgrace to his nation as few before him, yet boasting unvarnished virtue. The deceit of Dick Cheney is indeed of Shakespearean proportions, as evidenced in his new memoir. For the former vice president, lying comes so easily that one must assume he takes the pursuit of truth to be nothing more than a reckless indulgence.'
Dick: an unmitigated disaster and an unctuous knave in his own right.
The web has an unusually high number of questions about Dick. Is he a sociopath? Is he a psychopath? Is Dick Cheney a dick?
The San Francisco Examiner kindly reminds us of Dick's contributions to his own personal hall of shame with a minimalist assessment:
" It is difficult to find any policies of the Bush/Cheney Administration that worked or were effective."
"The Bush/Cheney Administration brought us into these wars with a total lack of compassion and empathy."
Dick: a true dick and probably is a psychopath. He is definitely an unmitigated disaster.
Dick is a glib, remorseless liar. He showed no emotion as he admitted to having no proof that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, yet showed no guilt, remorse or shame for the cost to the nation, the military, or the people of Iraq. According to Wikipedia,
"Following 9/11, Cheney was instrumental in providing a primary justification for entering into a war with Iraq. Cheney helped shape Bush's approach to the "War on Terrorism", making numerous public statements alleging Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction."
Dick is remorseless, of no human affect, and ridiculous in his inability to accept responsibility for his failures. He saw nothing wrong with having no plan for what to do after the invasion of Iraq.
Dick cannot dodge his contributions to the unending string of "unmitigated disasters" from the Bush Adminstration because he has been called "The most powerful Vice President in history".
But is Dick a psychopath? Do we really know Dick?
We know that there is no bottom to the depths to which Dick will dive in order to aggrandize, lie, decieve, manipulate, or carry out a host of socially maladaptive and socially deviant behaviors and acts.
Here is a comprehensive list of the psychopathic crap that Dick could be doing, could have done, and probably will do if he lives for 200 years after they put his despicable essence in a glass jar.
The most chilling items are:
6. LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT -- a lack of feelings or concern for the losses, pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate, coldhearted, and unempathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdain for one's victims.
16. FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS -- a failure to accept responsibility for one's actions reflected in low conscientiousness, an absence of dutifulness, antagonistic manipulation, denial of responsibility, and an effort to manipulate others through this denial.
1. GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM -- the tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Psychopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A psychopath never gets tongue-tied. They have freed themselves from the social conventions about taking turns in talking, for example.
4. PATHOLOGICAL LYING -- can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest.
2. GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH -- a grossly inflated view of one's abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Psychopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.
Dick has done us all a favor by reminding us of the choices we face in November.
The Right wing plants at OS and elsewhere who stupidly think that that they can fake-represent "the left" need to explain Dick to the rest of us.
We don't know how far or deep Dick will go with his intemperate speech.
Dick has done sloppy work all his life.
If it weren't for Dick, our lives would not be a living hell.
Dick wants us to do as he says, not as he does.
Dick tried to hog it all!