At the end of a year in which I find myself physically ill, and of radically reduced circumstances; yet, connecting with people important to me, writing, and getting more sleep; these are my hopes for 2012:
1. That the hard-working, and even not-s0-hardworking women and men of America may find decent employment, if they want it. That they will be able to afford a safe place to live and food and clothing for themselves and their loved ones. That they will be able to afford medicine and doctors and hospitals for those who are sick. That the elderly will not be pushed out into the street in the winter by their mortgage holders. That the United States end the war in Afghanistan and not start any new ones.
2. I wish to be able to tolerate, and even enjoy, more time and intimacy with the people I care about. To be able to feel safe getting close to people. To get a dog. To fall, and then stay, in love with a good man.
3. To see increased love and cooperation between people of all faiths, (and no faith), and income brackets, and languages, and nationalities, and races.
4. To stop the devastation of the earth, and to reverse the devastation that has already taken place.
5. To have my writing published often.
6. To live somewhere where I can have a dog, and a cat, and some chickens, and perhaps even a cow and a horse, and a BIG garden, and a root cellar.
7. To write real letters and cards.
8. To read an incredible number of great books.
9. To be able to do good deeds for others, without thought of repayment.
10. To laugh every day.
Thank you for asking!
P.S. Did I mention getting a dog?