hi all. happy 4th of july. Im glad I live in a free country where I can write and express myself about whatever I want [esp in a public forum]; its a freedom Ive been exercising my whole life, even as a pre-teen.
based on the recent ongoing flamewar/melee here on opensalon between linda seccaspina & trig, some have been calling for stronger restrictions on anonymous posting. obviously this hits close to home. I liked rw005g's response a lot. you can also see one of my blogs linked on the left refer to famous anonymous bloggers. if you are against anonymous blogging [an apparently minority opinion but with vocal backers] try reading that post for a new perspective. [you wont be alone, its one of my highest read posts currently at ~12K hits. I guess the search engines discovered it somehow.]
work has been very eventful, we deployed our web site code in weblogic that we've been working on for many months. its a big deal. the overall project has been going close to 8 months or so, and Im about 4 months into it. its amazing how much code Ive written in such a short time. but, I have a little extra time to surf the internet now & collect various exotic links. somehow I am always coming across fascinating gender related stuff which of course is the written topic of these posts.
Im trying a new link format here, hope you like it. for years Ive included the URL but that partly had to do with how I collected them and also, thought it might be helpful to see the sites. but in most browsers you can hover over the links to see the web site name, and this is definitely a much more readable format.
fyi these are just in the order that I collected them. click on the pics to go to their blogs.
as usual, although Im thinking I ought to announce this every time, Id be interested to chat with anyone about any of the contents of the articles in extended comments. I generally pick these articles for their unorthodox, contrarian, surprising, or counterintuitive contents. culled from my favorite sites I visit regularly. with their implications for biases involving either gender. think you will find them interesting at the least. as the japanese have a saying, "the reverse side also has a reverse side". nowhere is that more true than with gender.
- Does Beauty Equal Happiness? Not So Fast. - The Daily Beast
- Is Pornography Adultery? - Magazine - The Atlantic
- New York Times Article Wages War on Sex, Even Though Sex Is Great | AlterNet
- Lonely Britain: When the Mail posted an imaginary woman's picture on a social networking website, 1,500 men sent her messages in just ONE NIGHT | Mail Online
- Cheating Websites - Married Having an Affair - Redbook
- Married Women Cheating - Women Cheating On Their Husbands - Redbook
- Is Monogamy a Myth? New Books Rethink Our Ideas of Fidelity - The Daily Beast
- What Happened When My Husband Told Me to Go Have an Affair | Sex & Relationships | AlterNet
- The Screwed-Up Ideas Underpinning Modern Marriage | Sex & Relationships | AlterNet
- My First (and Second and Third and Fourth...) Threesome | Sex & Relationships | AlterNet
- Shirley MacLaine's sex confession: 'I slept with 3 men in one day' | Mail Online
- How Do You Solve A Problem Like the 'P' Word? Should School-Based Sex Education Address Pleasure? | Sex & Relationships | AlterNet
- Playboy on Life Support: Why Hef's Empire of Naked Ladies No Longer Matters | Sex & Relationships | AlterNet
- Measuring Up: How Our Culture's Obsession With Porn-Sized Penises Hurts Men | Sex & Relationships | AlterNet
- Men Want Relationships More Than Women - MyDaily
- Wealthy, Handsome, Strong, Packing Endless Hard-Ons: The Impossible Ideals Men Are Expected to Meet | Gender | AlterNet
- What I Learned As a Playboy Bunny in the '70s | Sex & Relationships | AlterNet
beautiful OS women gallery archives