- #thingsthatbotherme: People are tweeting about...well, things that bother them.
- #cambiochat: Jonas Brothers Live chat On Cambio
- PAOK: Its a soccer team from Greece, will be competing against Ajax Amsterdam in UEFA champion league pre round.
- Avada Kedavra: Avada Kedavra is the Killing Curse, not Spell, its a Curse of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter. People are tweeting about who'd they use that spell on.
- Stekelenburg: Maarten Stekelenburg, Dutch goalkeeper played for the Netherlands in the 2010 World Cup, is playing for Ajax against PAOK, for the UEFA Championship qualifier.
- Inception: Inception is a 2010 sci-fi action thriller film written, produced and directed by Christopher Nolan. The film stars Leonardo DiCaprio. Inception was released on July 16, 2010 and has international box office grosses of $227M after two weeks in theaters.
- Joaquim: A live webcam was set in Sao Joaquim, Brazil showing the snow fall.
- Chicharito: god of mexican soccer.
- A-Rod: Alex Rodriguez hit his 600th career home run today being the youngest one to do so.
- Suarez: Suarez, a player from the Dutch team Ajax, is currently playing with Ajax against PAOK in Greece for a spot in the final qualifying round for the Champions League.
- #honestyhour: Has been trending for 3 days. That's 72 hours for you non math majors.
- Melames: Melon y melames fueron a nadar. Melon se quedo en la orillita y melames en lo profundo... #miercolesdemelonymelames.
- Ajax: Dutch Tweeps are talking about the match PAOK - AFC Ajax.
- Brett Favre: Has retired and returned from retirement 17 times. As recent as today.
- Wiel: Gregory van der Wiel is a Dutch soccer player. He is currently playing with Ajax against PAOK in Greece for a spot in the final qualifying round for the Champions League.
- Felipe Neto: Felipe Neto is a popular Brazilian videologger. His controversial opinions constantly lead him to the Trending Topics.
- BlackBerry Torch: RIM's new BlackBerry phone with a touch screen. It also has a Qwerty keyboard. The BlackBerry Torch will be the first BB phone with OS6, the new BB OS.
- Homerun: Dominican-American baseball player Alex Rodriguez just hit his 600th home run making history.
- Tiririca: Tiririca is a Brazilian singer and comedian. He is trending because he is now a candidate do the Chamber of Deputies (House of Representatives) of Brazil.
- A-Rod hits: Alex Rodriguez, the third baseman for the New York Yankees (MLB), hit his 600th career home run during today's game with the Toronto Blue Jays.
- ARod: Alex Rodriguez, the third baseman for the New York Yankees (MLB), hit his 600th career home run during today's game with the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Planeta Terra: It's a brazillian music festival by Terra Portal (www.terra.com.br). People are twitting about the line up.
- 3rd Anniversary: SNSD (ì†Œë…€ì‹œëŒ€ / So Nyeo Shi Dae) or Girls' Generation, a South Korean girl band consisting of 9 girl members are celebrating their 3rd anniversary on August 5th.
- Last Airbender: The Last Airbender is a movie based on the famous animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender. This film has just been released in indonesia.
- Barack: wack black man.
- Wyclef Jean: Wyclef Jean says he will run for president of Haiti.
- RMK: Airport weather information in METAR format. RMK is shorthand for "remarks," and is part of the format.
- Ahmadinejad: President of Iran and was attacked with a grenade and survived.
- Keong Racun: Keong Racun or "Poisonous Snail" is a dangdut koplo disco song, now popular in Indonesia after two teens named SINTA & JOJO uploaded their lipsync video on YouTube.
- Lubbers: Ruud Lubbers, former Dutch prime minister and former UN High Commissioner for Refugees. He has led the Dutch coalition talks for a little under 2 weeks, and now has a parliamentary debate about his actions and conclusions.
- Pretty Little Liars: Pretty Little Liars is a ABC Family TV Show that airs on Tuesday night. It's a big hit of the summer!
- Rhoma Irama: Indonesian dangdut singer.
- #unscaryfilms: Films people think are not scary.
- Pechtold: Dutch leader of the Liberal Democats (D66). Currently in a debate regarding the Dutch formation.
- iOS: iOS is the Operating System for all Apple iDevices, hence i.O.S. It is trending because a hacker recently 'jailbroke' it, meaning users are now able to customize and install 3rd party apps that were not approved for Apple's official app store.
- Northrop Grumman: Defense contractor Northrop Grumman Corp. said Friday it has warned 52 employees at a US Navy base in New Orleans that they might be losing their jobs.
- Starcraft: Long awaited game released july 27, 2010. broke sales records for strategy games and sold roughly 3 million in just a week.
- Ultrasn0w: The latest version of Ultrasn0w (build version 1.0-1) allows the owners of iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G to unlock their devices running iOS 4.0 / 4.01.
- CLR: It is a weather forecast abbreviation for "Clear".
- Northern Lights: Scientists say the Northern Lights may be visible in areas farther south than they are normally, due to eruptions on the surface of the sun.
- Guten Morgen: german for 'good morning.'
- Danna: Danna Paola is a 15 year old Mexican actress and singer.
- #ifyoureallyknewme: It's a show on MTV but people are tweeting about what others would do if they really knew them.
- Danna Paola: Dana Paola is a Mexican teen singer thst is being bullied by Justin Bieber fans and people that dont have anything better to do and envy her.
- Shark Week: A week that occurs annually on Discovery Channel that focuses on sharks.
- Rachel Zoe: The 3rd season of the Rachel Zoe Project premiered tonight and fans are tweeting about it. I die!
- José Alencar: José Alencar is the Vice-President of Brazil. He is trending due to an interview given to a popular Brazilian talk show.
- Dodgers: A baseball team.
- Nise: Nise Palhares is a Brazilian musician and author. She (he) is playing on Ídolos (Brazilian Idol).
- Montillo: Walter Damián Montillo is a futbol (soccer) player who plays for Universidad de Chile. He made the qualification goal to Universidad de Chile against Flamengo in the Libertadores Cup.
- #pinkfriday: nicki minaj album's name coming out 11-23-10.
- Last Exorcism: An upcoming movie that appears to be a real spine-tingler.
- Bofo: Adolfo "El Bofo" Bautista soccer player for Mexican team Chivas Rayadas del Guadalajara.
- Catya: Catya is a character on Oxygen's new season of Bad Girls Club.
- #ALiga: A Liga is a Brazilian TV show. Each week a new subject is explored. that's cool by the way (.
- Lobão: Brazillian singer. He is trending because of MTV debate, a television show with six guests where he takes part as moderator.
- PLL: Short for "Pretty Little Liars", which is a TV show airing on ABC Family.
- Hawthorne: TNT TV medical drama series with Jada Pinkett Smith.
- VMA: The MTV Video Music Award nominations were announced today, and Beyoncé had the best nomination of all time. ALL TIME!!! #KanyeShrug.
- Cerati: EN: Argentinian famous rock star and former lead singer of "Soda Stereo", Gustavo Cerati is currently in "Clinica Fleni" in Argentina, in critical condition. ES: Gustavo Cerati ex-cantante de Soda Estereo presenta cuadro complicado debido a un ACV.
- Lowell: Mike Lowell of the Boston Red Sox hit a home run on the first pitch of his at bat after being on the bench for months.
- Bristol Palin: Bristol, Sarah Palin's daughter, has apparently gotten disengaged to Levi Johnston, her baby daddy... and is moving back home to her parents house.
- #bb11: "Big Brother" is now on its 11th, and final, season and airs on Channel 4 in the UK.
- Arcade Fire: Arcade Fire's third album, entitled "The Suburbs," was released today.
- Zulma: Zulma Lobato is an Argentinian transvestite, who was criticized by the media as part of being on the television show ShowMatch.
- Brett Farve: Its spelled Brett FaVRe. And it is trending because it was announced today that he is retiring, however there has been no official word from him yet.
- Favre: Brett Favre, Viking's quarterback, is retiring, AGAIN!
- VMAs: VMAs is MTV Video Music Awards. They just announced the nominees today. Lady GaGa, Beyoncé & Eminem lead the nominations.
- Ground Zero: The building near Ground Zero in New York where an Islamic mosque could be built.
- Childress: Brad Childress is the head coach of the Minnesota Vikings where Brett Favre played last year. He's indicated he hasn't heard directly from Favre that's he's retiring.
- Rapradar: RapRadar is trending because they premiered @Wale's new mixtape "More About Nothing."
- Favre retiring: why yes he is retiring.... again. i wont believe it untill the season starts..... SMH!
- Spain♥JDrewB: Tweeters from Spain are sharing their love for Justin Bieber.
- Gulf: The topic refers to the Gulf of Mexico, where a recent massive oil spill from a British Petroleum drilling platform menaced the region's environmental integrity.
- Torres: Fernando Torres is a Spanish footballer who plays for Liverpool Football Club (#LFC). Currently trending as he has announced that he is planning on staying with the club.
- Multiple Account: Google Enables Multiple Account Sign-In.
- SINGFEST: SINGfest is a 3 day music festival in singapore happening from the 3rd-5th Aug at the ford canning park. this year it will host acts such as Tokio Hotel, Wonder Girls & Katy Perry and also the legendary, Slash.
- Bachelorette: Roberto proposed to Ali and she said yes. USA TV reality show finale on 8/1.
- Israel: israel killed 3 lebanese soldiers and a journalist.
- Lebanese: aggression over the Israeli-Lebanese borders by the Israeli army, lead to clashes between The Lebanese army defending their territory, and Israel invading killing 3 Lebanese soldiers and a Lebanese journalist.
- Noose: The Noose is a Singapore TV show which is a parody of local news programs with fictitious news reports. "Noose" is a play on the word "news".
- Israeli: aggression over the Israeli-Lebanese borders by the Israeli army, lead to clashes between The Lebanese army defending their territory, and Israel invading killing 3 Lebanese soldiers and a Lebanese journalist.
- Selebi: Ex South African police commissioner Jackie Selebi who was found guilty of corruption and was today sentenced to 15 years in prison. First interpol official in history to be found guilty of corruption.Let's hope he actually does serve the time.
- Pakistan: A flood in Pakistan which took over 1000 lives.
- Contador: Tour de France winner Alberto Contador of Spain signs deal with Saxo Bank.
- Saxo Bank: Tour de France winner Alberto Contador of Spain signs deal with Saxo Bank.
- Redenominasi: Indonesian National Bank, planning to Redenomination-ing Indonesian curenccy by erasing 3 zeros for each nominal.
- Riis: #INDONESIA #INDONESIA I ♥ #INDONESIA !
- Bill Cosby: On August 2, Bill Cosby talked to CNN's "Larry King Live" to dispel the rumors that he had died.
- HTC: HTC EVO 4G is updating to Froyo 2.2.
- Jailbreak: iOS4 jailbreak released by @comex (http://jailbreakme.com).
- Goedemorgen: It means Good Morning in Dutch.
- AO2: METAR is a format for reporting weather information. AO2 indicates that the station is automated with a rain/snow precipitation sensor.
- Jonaticas: The Jonas Brothers just won the MTV Cup against the other bands.
- Bill Cosby died: This is the second time Bill Cosby has died, according to Twitter. He is very much alive. On August 2, Cosby talked to CNN's "Larry King Live" to dispel the rumours.
- #thatsnothot: people tweet about unattractive things that others do..
- Roberto: The man who Ali chooses on The Bachelorette finale.
- Ovni: there appears to be a UFO sightin in Ecuador. Not much information is given in these tweets other than that.
- Shark: referring to discovery channels SHARK WEEK where they celebrate shark & show shark tv show specials all week.
- Menezes: Mano Menezes is the newly appointed coach of the Brazilian national football team.
- San Francisco, California, USA
- June 03
- Formerly a traffic analyst in charge of web analytics and search engine optimization operations.
MY RECENT POSTS
- Good bye
August 12, 2010 05:12PM
- Aug. 11: Keywords from
August 11, 2010 01:52PM
- Ted Stevens, Jet Blue, Ramadan
August 10, 2010 01:27PM
- Aug. 9: Keywords
August 09, 2010 08:51PM
- Aug 9: Keywords
August 09, 2010 02:40PM
MY RECENT COMMENTS
- “Yes, cliches are trite.
They devalue the originality
August 13, 2010 12:44AM
: What do you mean by
August 06, 2010 12:33PM
- “@ Kathy: What's Wyclef
the IRS-gut punch about? I
August 05, 2010 05:38PM
- “Catherine, seriously. A
country is not a band.”
August 05, 2010 03:00PM
- “Salon's Trending blog
ran a story about that.
commented that what
August 04, 2010 08:21PM
Charles Yoo's Links
- MY LINKS
- MY LINKS