- Laramie, Wyoming, USA
- July 13
- Like many others, I was taught that talking about religion or politics was rude. But, here's the deal folks... We can't hide behind that anymore, we can't hide behind "let's agree to disagree," or "let's just move on". We aren't talking about issues that are hypothetical, or might hurt somebody we don't know, or a future generation we'll never see. This is it. We are at a point where we have to have the conversations because the people we aren't talking about... That's us. We have to share the facts. We have to ask each other why we believe the pundits, or old disproven rhetoric. All too often, I'm shushed by the family republican who honestly thinks I'm wrong but doesn't want to fight, or the friends-list ostrich who prefers ignorant bliss, or the resident face-book troll who knows I’m right and wants right silenced. I simply cannot stop talking about and trying to ensure the future of our nation, of my children's nation, to appease others. So I'll start a blog, and shout out into the vastness of the internet instead, perhaps I'll find a like mind or two
MY RECENT POSTS
- Open Letter To Candidate
September 20, 2012 04:21PM
- Jenny's Ten Most Wanted
July 31, 2012 05:06PM
- Open Letter To Merle Haggard
July 22, 2012 12:17PM
- Identities Of 12 Deceased
Victims Of Aurora Shooting
July 21, 2012 04:33PM
- Guns Cause Wildfire and Debate
July 07, 2012 10:27PM
MY RECENT COMMENTS
- “BTW - Please! No sorrow,
no sadness, no feeling bad...
good now. I am
June 15, 2012 06:55PM
The Bucking Jenny's Links
- MY LINKS
Dear Candidate Romney,
I saw you. I saw your video.
I saw you speaking candidly and off the cuff about me. Don’t get me wrong, I know that you didn’t mention me by name or anything, but we both know you were talking about me.
When you were talking of… Read full post »
Alright folks, I want you to do me a favor. Next time a nutty right-winger says that they actually know or have seen any of the following mythological creatures, or if you yourself believe that you have, please help me verify this by contacting me immediately.
Please remember that every… Read full post »
Merle Haggard is a legend. He is an icon. He’s like that antique that stands on your mother’s dresser that is so awesome, so unique and worn, that one simply must pick it up and turn it over in your hands just to feel it – even though we know it’s/… Read full post »
This morning news reports began to emerge that show the identities of the victims of Thursday’s terrifying mass murder in Aurora, Colorado. This writer trembles with effort to find the right words with which to present these unfortunate people with lives cut short needlessly, if not thoughtless… Read full post »
Recently Utah’s republican governor, Gary Herbert, authorized a state forest official to impose gun rules on public lands because many fires this year, and in previous years, were started by target shooting and other gunfire in the ultra-dry and easy to burn west. Political pundits on t… Read full post »
Again, I've been asked, "Where has Jenny been?"
As always, I struggle with answering these kinds of questions.
I suppose that a person who doesn't bare her soul on the Internet might not answer the way that I intend to. They might say, "Well, I was moving." Or, perhaps… Read full post »
We are halfway through 2012 and already the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is reporting that the United States set more than 40,000 hot temperature records and fewer than 6,000 cold temperature records. It seems that maybe it is time to consider that climate change is real.
Last win… Read full post »
Dear Wyoming Senator John Barrasso:
I just watched you on CNN. I want you to know that you just lied. I am a Wyoming citizen, one of those that you said doesn't want the Affordable Care Act, and I want it. My cousin, a Wyoming citizen is now covered under his parent's… Read full post »
This was me, at fourteen years old. The summer before I began to be bullied I won Miss Jr. Teen Seattle Miss Photogenic with this photo. Look at this girl. She didn't deserve to be bullied. Contrary to what my bullies made me think,… Read full post »
Last week I was thinking about Will and Grace and how these fictional characters changed the course of this nation's history when, more than five years after it went off the air, it inspired Joe Biden to make the "blunder" of suggesting that this show changed attitudes… Read full post »
the first part of this story,
click here. When you finish reading this list, think about the
characters and story lines that changed you, inspired you, or
reflected on your life.
Pinedale, Wyoming is a small town of less than 1,500 people nestled 7,100 feet high, in the foothills of the Wind River Mountains. From my earliest memories, Pinedale has been a the destination for family relaxation at my maternal grandparent's house. Each summer my cous… Read full post »
Yesterday I posted this image that my sister, Laura and I
This morning I was looking at the comments on that post as it was shared around Facebook.
I saw that one man said this, "Poverty is succumbing to tough external circumstances. I'll never/… Read full post »