1. Put an egg in your Ramen
2. Have sex ,alot. It's free and it feels really good if you do it right. Heck, it even feels good when you do it 'wrong'. Also, you won't need the heat as high, afterwards.
3. Don't pout, make survival an adventure
4. Get rid of cable . It's a rip-off, and there's nothing on it worth a shit ,anyways. A good antenna will get you 15 -20 stations once we go HD in February. ($80 savings per month)
5. Oatmeal,instead of boxed cereals. Better for you and one/tenth the price ($4 per box savings x 2 per month)
6. Get a "Magic Jack", and never pay a phone bill ,again . I know you have a computer.($60 savings per month)
7. If it's not at a Redbox for a $1, don't go to Blockbuster. ( $4 per movie savings x 4 times a month)
8. Mark West Pinot Noir ,$8.99 per bottle
9. You only have two feet, how many pairs of shoes do you really need?
10. Buy regular unleaded.Your car needs to make sacrifices ,too.I guarantee it will still run fine.
11. Chunky Soup got me through college,pretend you're 18 again, and eat some Chunky Sirloin Burger
12. Dump the Gym membership. Last time my membership expired , they had to give me directions to the gym , so I could renew.
13. It's a great time to diet, and no one will know you're really just plain ol' starving
14. Invite friends over to play cards. You'll reconnect , realize what's most important, and all have a great evening
15. Beanie Weenies
16. Time to be a 'coupon weirdo'
17. Invite friends to your house. You don't have to spend the gas to drive, and you can get as drunk as you want , since you're already home.
18. If you can't pay cash, you can't afford it. Cut up the cards.
19. Announce that your "going to let your hair grow out", and save on haircuts for a few months ($20 x 3 months)
20. Do you really need a Caramel Machiatto? ($4 savings x 8 x per month)
21. Check out the dollar menus or kid's menus and your fast food place. Hell, it's more than likely a more proper portion.
22. Read, it's cheap and you can escape the current realities
23. Remember,whoever stays with you won't be doing it for your money.
24. Turn up the music and dance like no one is watching
25. Volunteer at a shelter, you'll know what poor is.
26. Beans are more than just a "musical fruit". Beans /rice have been helping poor people survive worldwide for centuries
27. Keep your sense of humor
28. Always remember that we'll all survive
29. The job you said you' d never lower yourself to do ,is the job someone else wishes and prays they had.
30. Suicide is not painless. It hurts all those who love you
31. Shower together,hubba,hubba
32. I always remember a quote from my momma ,when I was feeling down and realized we were dirt poor,
" Baby, look outside.Them birds is still singin', and they got no coat, no job, no roof over they head, no guarantee uh'duh next meal. They's jus' happy they's breathin'."