Oi-vey! Does it have to be so damn difficult? The mouths, the attitudes, the demands, the needs, the friends, the food, aye-aye-aye! You know, after an exhausting day of battling I have to think back, “Was I this horrible when I was a teen?” Yikes! I was! Mom, Dad (even though you're not here anymore), forgive me, please! I want to just slap myself silly - the hell I put them through!
But, after the storm has passed and I find a moment to breathe in... breathe out... I realize there is humor amidst all the madness.
I rummaged through some old writing and found this piece of work. I think it was written about the time the Screamin Mama stick figure was born and I would like to share it with all parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, sisters, brothers and non-parents (boy, how I envy all of you non-parents right now! LOL) I hope this can add a few chuckles to your day and maybe even some stress relief.... and if you have any other tips, PLEASE SHARE!!!
10 Tips on Parenting...
1. Choose battles wisely. If you're too tired to see an argument through, LEAVE IT for another day.
2. When siblings fight, as long as they're not killing each other, IT'S FAIR GAME.
3. Keep the house dark and draw the shades tight. It induces sleep.
4. Get your OWN bathroom.
5. Two must have catch-all phrases: “Go to sleep;” and “Go play.”
6. Go to work as often as possible.
7. If they don't eat what's available, they're not hungry!
8. Keep plenty of extra strength Tylenol stocked in YOUR bathroom.
9. Don't have another!
10. And by God, say your prayers!