So I'm doing research for my International Relations of Drug Trafficking Class here at FIU, in order to complete my Counter Drug Country Study on Afghanistan - and I come across this link:
The relevant content:
3. The Protection of Afghan Opium Third, President Barack Obama's treason in Afghanistan, where he is sending American troops to be killed, for the benefit of a foreign enemy. A series of terrorist bombings aimed against the government of Russia, and the Russian nation, began in late March of this year, with the suicide bombing on the Moscow subway system, killing 38 people, and injuring over 100 more. Lyndon LaRouche, along with a number of military officials, among others, have identified that these terrorist attacks, and terrorist activity in general, in this part of the world, base their logistical support on the profits made through the Afghan opium drug traffic. The head of the Russian drug enforcement agency, Viktor Ivanov, and U.S. retired Gen. Barry McCaffrey, agreed that, indeed, the greatest threat from the production and trading of opium in Afghanistan, is not only that it is killing more people than even military operations, but that the drug trade had a direct link to the financing of the late March, early April, terrorist bombings. Furthermore, the evidence is there and very well documented on larouchepac.com, that with the British—under Prime Minister Tony Blair—taking over Helmand province, opium production in Afghanistan soared, fueling the logistical base for international terrorism. What was, and still is, Obama's policy in that situation? Absolutely nothing! Obama's policy is to protect the opium crops by refusing to cooperate with the nation of Russia to eradicate the lifeline of terrorist activity. Barack Obama's 24-hour trip to Kabul, in the wake of the terrorist bombings in Russia, consolidated his personal stance of complicity, by spending his 24-hour visit scolding Afghan President Karzai for corruption, while he himself failed to make a single mention of the opium trade. Because of this decision by President Barack Obama, American soldiers are being shot and killed by an enemy that Obama is defending. Obama has adopted a policy where he is sending U.S. troops to be killed by insurgents who are backed by the British policy of protecting the opium production. That decision, tantamount to treason, must be faced with impeachment of Barack Obama.
Curious to find out what we on Open Salon know about this issue, and more to the point, what we think about these issues:
1. Current US policy re: opium eradication/cooperation with important regional players such as Russia/Pakistan/Iran, as well as
2. whether or not indirect support for the ongoing funding of terrorist activities through trafficking in opum/ opiates (and hashish for that matter) is an impeachable offense.
3. Finally, if it is an impeachable offense, should we try Bush 2 for 'high crimes' based on his actions/inaction during the Second Gulf War, and...
4. Perhaps even Bill Clinton for his administration's ordering of priorities, that ultimately led to the Taleban lifting the ban on opium cultivation in 2000 - a year before the 'reigns' (sic) were handed over to Bush 2.
- Anxious to hear your replies.