Welcome to OS Readers’ Picks
This week's RPs in the POST category go to:
Abrawang – Sexual Molestation Under-Reported? Duh
aim – Willadoo of Tritenville
AndeBliss -- Silent Revelations
Bob Simpson – Medicaid for all the poor? Don’t count on it.
Brazen Princess -- Perfect
femme forte aka Candace – A Voice from Beyond
Gerald Anderson – Jiminy Crickets
Inverted Interrobang – Spinnaker Moon Encore
Jaime Franchi –Peggy Noonan Misses the Proverbial Boat
Jonathan Wolfman – OUT, An Awakening
just phyllis – Existensial Sky- Second Gallery Challenge
just phyllis – Finding Out That Busy Doesn’t Work – Jake’s OC
L in the Southeast – My Sister is an Only-Child
Lea Lane – Mom Liked You Best
Linda Seccaspina – Childhood Summer Memories – There are Places I Remember
Lynette Stark – Patriotism by a Liberal Democrat
Maria Heng – Skyscapes, 2nd Gallery Challenge OC
Matt Paust – You Can Smell A Yankee A Mile Away Part 1
Rob Neukirch – Jesus for President?
Robert Fuller – Beyond Fundamentalism and Relativism
Steel Breeze – US……Tink and I….
Tom Cordle -- The Poverty of Pyrrhicism
toritto – Blind Eye
tr ig – Home is Where the Heart Is
V. Corso – New Poem a Present Some Days Early
William K. Wolfrum --The Newsroom Just a Lousy Sexist Show
This week's RPs in the COMMENT category go to:
libbyliberalnyc -- for her own comments in the comment thread of her My Love-Hate (Cherish-Fear) Relationship with Open Salon
Maria Heng – for her comment on Jeremiah Horrigan’s Tenderfoot
Matt Paust – for his comment on Cranky Cuss’s Five Books Three Days
nerd cred – for her comment on Koshersalaami’s I Get Mad and Disregard Some of My Own Rules
Tinkerertink69 – for his comment on Jake Sugarman’s Friday Notes
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!
REMINDER: Please nominate your choices in the Comments section below. To assist our busy adminstrators, please remember to include the link to the post you are nominating.
ALSO: Since our OSRP Administrators do not officially nominate any posts, it is not necessary to send PM announcements of your new posts to this blog space. Individual admins nominate under their personal blog identities.
AND: Self-nominated posts will be disqualified.
Want to participate?
You are all used to Editor's Pick; this one is selected by your fellow bloggers.
For this blog to be useful, we have established criteria, both for recommending posts and for commenting on those recommendations.
To nominate posts:
- Choose posts based on quality of writing, interest of content, or particularly illuminating POV. We are more concerned about whether the blogger is good than whether the blogger is right.
- Explain/justify your choice
- Choosing a post based strictly on friendship
- Choosing a post just because you agree with its content
- Bringing a post to our attention for the sole purpose of condemning it. This isn’t Readers’ Pans.
- Choosing a post where most of what’s in the post does not consist of the blogger’s own work.
To comment on nominations:
- Please limit comments to reasons for supporting or opposing the recognition of a post. Comments about specific content belong in the Comments of the post itself.
- Particularly if you oppose recognition, please write about the post itself and write as little as possible about the blogger. Please avoid being insulting – rudeness can get a comment deleted following a PM warning.
To nominate a Comment on any post :
We have added nominations for Comments within a blog. Some OSers do some of their best work in Comments. Same criteria, same ground rules. When nominating, please give us a link to the post and how to find the comment - preferably the name of the commenter and the time and date the comment was made.
How this blog works:
Administrators will check on comments and at least one of us will check on recommended posts, then comment on them. If the rationale for inclusion is present in the initial comment, it is seconded by any OS reader, and the recommendation does not meet with an unusual amount of opposition, a link to the recommended post will be included in the next post on this blog. At this point, it is our plan to post once or twice a week.
We hope this blog proves useful in terms of providing recognition to those you think deserve it and introducing you to bloggers you may not be aware of whose work is admired by your peers. Thank you for visiting.