Welcome to OS Readers’ Picks
This week's RPs in the POST category go to:
Barbara Weicksel – Gay Parades Are about So Much More than Tight Shorts
Boanerges1 -- Last Call
Con Chapman – Bloggers Prepare for Worst – Stockpile Canned Goods
Crane-Station – The Jailhouse Bullying of Harry
Cranky Cuss – Turn Out the Lights, the Party’s Over (Repost)
Daisy Jane – I had a good day, & thank you for my lovely lovely comments
Damon Walters – California Dreamer Series: Song of Ann (Pt 1)
Dianne Schuch-Lindsey – The longest day of the year
Eva t made vaudeville – Coming Out Party in Church on Pride Sunday
Gerald Anderson – Who are You?
Greg Correll – Without Fear
J. P. Hart – Novella Excerpt
J. P. Major – Curiosity’s “Crazy Landing
Jaime Franchi – Thank you, Nora Ephron
James M. Emmerling – As Open Sinks…My Last Post
Joan H. -- Terra Firma Open Call Repost
Jonathan Wolfman – Beating the Hell Out of Johnny’s Bully, Then Mine
Judy Mandelbaum – UN Calls American Drone Policy War Crime
L in the Southeast – Sunday Mass in Neenah
Margaret Feike – Random Thoughts About Dads
Marilyn Sands – I Had a Dream Last Night…About Open Salon
Out on a Limb – Open Call “Re-Post” Give it a Try
Pandora S. Bach – Why Write? OS, Kurt Vonnegut, and the Field of Stars
Paul Fornale – More than an Incident on a Bus
Robert Fuller – Religion and Science, A Beautiful Friendship part 3
Roger Shuler – Are Millions in Oil Money Connected to Mysterious “Suicide”
RW005g – McJustice: Plea Bargains and the Breakdown of Justice
Sagemerlin – Let’s Take Over Open Salon
Scylla the Rock – The End of the Day
Toritto -- SCREAM
Zumalicious –Stay or Go, But Learn Some Classic Web Tricks First
This week's RPs in the COMMENT category go to:
Steven Bridenbaugh – for his comment on Linnnn’s Mr. Sadistic Public School Bus Driver
Tinkererthink69 – for his comment on Jacob Sugarman’s Hello Open Salon
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!
REMINDER: Please nominate your choices in the Comments section below. To assist our busy adminstrators, please remember to include the link to the post you are nominating.
Want to participate?
You are all used to Editor's Pick; this one is selected by your fellow bloggers.
For this blog to be useful, we have established criteria, both for recommending posts and for commenting on those recommendations.
To nominate posts:
- Choose posts based on quality of writing, interest of content, or particularly illuminating POV. We are more concerned about whether the blogger is good than whether the blogger is right.
- Explain/justify your choice
- Choosing a post based strictly on friendship
- Choosing a post just because you agree with its content
- Bringing a post to our attention for the sole purpose of condemning it. This isn’t Readers’ Pans.
- Choosing a post where most of what’s in the post does not consist of the blogger’s own work.
To comment on nominations:
- Please limit comments to reasons for supporting or opposing the recognition of a post. Comments about specific content belong in the Comments of the post itself.
- Particularly if you oppose recognition, please write about the post itself and write as little as possible about the blogger. Please avoid being insulting – rudeness can get a comment deleted following a PM warning.
To nominate a Comment on any post :
We have added nominations for Comments within a blog. Some OSers do some of their best work in Comments. Same criteria, same ground rules. When nominating, please give us a link to the post and how to find the comment - preferably the name of the commenter and the time and date the comment was made.
How this blog works:
Administrators will check on comments and at least one of us will check on recommended posts, then comment on them. If the rationale for inclusion is present in the initial comment, it is seconded by any OS reader, and the recommendation does not meet with an unusual amount of opposition, a link to the recommended post will be included in the next post on this blog. At this point, it is our plan to post once or twice a week.
We hope this blog proves useful in terms of providing recognition to those you think deserve it and introducing you to bloggers you may not be aware of whose work is admired by your peers. Thank you for visiting.