I don't post often and I haven't made a whole lot of friendships here on OS, but I hardly miss a day reading, often comment. It's become a significant part of my life but I know most of you better than you know me.
I post so little because there are some stupid, time and mind-consuming things happening in my life and I have to give too much time to them. I love to, and intend to, sort them out in writing but for now they're hard to write coherently about.
To keep my foot in the door, and just because I think it's intriguing, I'm going to go ahead and do this 25 things thing.
1. Lingerie & pajamas. Bullshit. What do you really sleep in?
Do people really wear the same thing all the time? That can't be good. It's also another subject. So last night, because temps are dropping and the windows are still open: a raggedy old Gap shirt I love and can't wear anywhere else - yellow, rib-knit, soft, stretched out, tattered; and red satin pajama pants because they move easily on the flannel sheets.
2. What’s the one thing in your refrigerator you’re goddamned angry about if someone touches it?
Nothing. Help yourself.
3. What’s the one thing you do so well that when you’ve done it, you stand back and say, “YES!”
Rebuild 97 year-old windows.
4. What’s your one piece of clothing that you want to wear everyday and you would if you could and not get stared at?
Crocs. (Shut up.)
5. What scares the shit out of you?
6. What is your favorite physical feature? The one you look at and think, “damn, that’s good!”
My immune system?
7. Have you ever actually read the Bible?
Mostly. Not entirely. Not all at once.
8. Who is the most overrated celebrity / personality / politician / human being to ever walk earth?
Everyone designated a "celebrity" with no other accomplishments. (A reality tv show is not a discernable accomplishment.)
9. What is your favorite physical activity?
Swimming in warmed, still water in cold weather.
10. What is the worst concert you’ve ever seen? And folks, if you can name more than one - rethink your definition of worst. Worst. Go.
Rent, touring company, 1999 or so. And having musician kids I've been to a lot of bad concerts.
11. You control the world’s radio station for the length of one song. (One song for God’s sake. One. Draw your line.) What tune do you play?
Beethoven's 9th, 4th mvt, "Ode to Joy."
12. First kiss. Yeah, we know your Mother kissed your head. We get all that. First real - OMG that shook my knees - kiss. You tasted - you wanted more.
Michael. That night. I was 18. Got more.
13. You can have anything to drink on earth. What one beverage is your favorite?
Kona coffe, roasted dark, no additions, not too hot.
14. What film do you love so much that when you view it you follow the dialogue in your head?
Dirty Dancing: I'm afraid of never again feeling the way I feel when I'm here in this room with you. Or something like that.
15. Okay. You’re damn tired. It’s been a long day. You want to go to bed but you don’t have any sheets on it. Do you make it? Or throw yourself on it?
I throw the sheet loosely on it but only because I hate the feel of my mattress pad. And I put the pillowcases on. My bed is heavy and my room is small - I'd make it if it was just a little easier.
16. Who is the funniest person ever?
17. If you could have one more look at a person, who would you choose?
Define person. My Dog Spot. And Remus. I'd love to see the two of them running and playing together. They lived 20 years apart.
18. There are no health issues: no diabetes, no cholesterol, no high blood pressure. We don’t have to gnaw fiber. You can eat what you want without consequence. What’s for breakfast?
Tiramisu & coffee (see #13)
19. Yeah. You can have him/her and there are no consequences. Who? Who is your ideal partner?
Kris Kristofferson, in his 50's.
20. What is your deal breaker in a friendship (not a romantic relationship)?
Betrayal, racism, anti-semitism, stupidity, narcissism. And don't ever fuck with my dog.
21. If you could effortlessly change one aspect of yourself, what would you choose?
22. If you can banish one thing from the earth - what would you chose? And come on - let’s let beauty pageant contestants handle hatred, poverty, and racism. What one thing do you want removed without consequence?
Narcissism - ending that would go a long ways toward ending all the beauty pageant stuff.
23. What’s the best product? What item do you recommend to people?
24. If you could, would you live on a desert island? In a monastery? Do you like solitude or do you like people surrounding you?
Monastery which I can leave at will, no one can come in. (That says something fairly negative about me, doesn't it?)
25. What is your best childhood memory?
My father reading aloud to us - The Elephant's Child - the great gray-green greasy Limpopo River all set about with fever trees.