1. Your main trait: Intelligence. Humans may call us "bird brains" but, on the whole, we do far better in a flock than those dodos in Congress.
2. The quality you like best in a man: Doesn't over preen.
3. The quality you like best in a woman: Efficiency. Pops out those eggs, stays the course, gets the little buggers out of the nest.
4. Your main flaw: Roadkill palate.
5. Last time you cried: Watching the human who lives with us in the forest bury her little dog. Didn't like the little stinker much but she is kind to us, and when she started crying, we all snuffled.
6. Ideal job: What could possibly be better than flying and eating dead things?
7. Scent of a place: The seashore, salty, briney offerings in clam and mussel shells and tiny crabs.
8. Beloved movie: "The Birds." Our roost heads out to the outdoor theatre every summer when they show it. Best seats in town.
9. Book on the nightstand: Edgar Allen Poe.
10. First and best kiss: Because we tend to shriek a lot, crows have some intimacy issues. It's hard to suck face with a beak.
11. You couldn’t do without: trees, wind, worms, roadkill.
12. How you would like to die: Regurgitating something really tasty into the tiny mouth of a little new life.
13. Song you sing in the shower. "Oklahoma". I don't know why; I just like it.
14. Your deadly sin: Distracted by anything shiny, especially a plate glass window. Which is how I DON"T want to die.
15. Your not-so-deadly sin: Playing a practical joke on Mookie, the raven. He's more gullble than a stupid sea gull. You can tell him, "Hey! Mookie! There's fresh dead possum on the road," and then sit on your branch watching Mookie gliding over and over the road looking for it, and the whole tree just explodes with cackling.
16. Your motto: Flap like hell when Mookie figures out the joke's on him.
17. Ideal first date: A little necking, flapping of the wings, maybe a jig, and then get down to it. Hey -- life's short and there are eggs to lay.
18. Favorite present: A newly dead rodent for dessert.
19. In the train: Pluuueeezz. Have you tried having sex dangling on a branch?
20. Something you’d change in your body: A beak-job would be nice. I look like the old Cher.
21. Your addiction: Suet cakes.
22. Now on your left: A crow.
23. Now on your right: A dead maple branch.
24. Now in front of you: My posse.
25. Now behind you: The rest of my posse.
26. Names for your children: Scare, Countin, Sheryl.
27. 3 things in your purse (my favorite things): If I had one, it would be filled with shiny things. And money.
28. 3 places that fascinate you: Telephone wires, tree tops and fields of grubs.
29. 3 people you’d like to meet: Kerry Lauerman, Emily Holleman and our beloved Art.
30. 3 traits you hate in people: meanness, miserliness and mockery.
31. Values inherited from your parents: I never really knew my parents. (Do you feel sorry for me?)
32. In your past life you were: A God. Or Goddess.
33. In your future life you’ll be: A smarter bird.