- October 08
- Cultural Analytical Adviser
- P.R.U. (Pile of Rubble University)
- Mr. Culture has spent a lifetime being a keen observer of various cultural situations and is able to adeptly apply his treasure trove of cultural knowledge to offer succinct cultural advice. As he will tell you, “It hasn’t been easy spending toilsome hours mining all the cultural gems that have made me the foremost C.A.A. (Cultural Analytical Adviser) in the world”. No, it hasn’t been easy pioneering this new academic professional field of study. As a youth, Mr. Culture spent many afternoons after school studying the intricate personal interactions and problem solving techniques employed by the Skipper and Gilligan. He took careful detailed notes while watching Captain Kirk over react (or over act) when faced with a new hostile alien life form. But his studies were not strictly limited to the realm of pop-culture. He also discovered enlightenment from many real life cultural social situations, such as holiday family gatherings. These events often provided many hours of observing related homo sapiens, of various religious and political views, being forced to cooperate in the preparation of a complex meal and then being forced to sit down together to partake in their joint efforts without fighting or becoming hammered - or both. These are just a few of the experiential examples that have given us the enigmatic, the obtuse pontificator, the purveyor of all things cultural - Mr. Culture.
MY RECENT POSTS
- Contraception and The Origin
March 27, 2012 09:01PM
- Got Culture?
January 08, 2012 08:29AM
- Treat Your New Year's Eve
Party Guests to Some 'Shock &
December 29, 2011 08:30PM
- How long should I wait for the
best holiday deals?
December 18, 2011 04:24PM
- Holiday Office Party - Snub or
December 09, 2011 07:55AM
MY RECENT COMMENTS
- “Just as I thought, your
culture wars' post is full
April 11, 2012 01:43PM
- “Well stated - Thank
April 05, 2012 01:03PM
- “Sadly, I'm not
surprised. Nothing has
surprised me much since
Gore. I oft…”
April 02, 2012 07:23AM
- “While reading this, all
I could think about was all
couples on the west
April 01, 2012 08:53AM
- “The morning is bright
here, though a heavy frost
came in the
night, but you
April 01, 2012 08:16AM
Mr. Culture's Links
- MY LINKS
I’m confused over the recent discussions concerning contraception. Tell me if I’m totally out in left field, but it sounds like some people are arguing that there’s no legitimate need for contraceptives? Am I missing something?
~ Accidental Time Traveler
Dear A… Read full post »
Dear Mr. Culture,
~ Health Junkie
An excellent question that deserves a thorough succinct response &nda… Read full post »
I’m hosting a New Year’s Eve party and I’m wondering what’s the best way to tactfully deal with uninvited guests?
- Flustered Hostess
This is what I love about this time of year - the strains of kwanzaa folk melodies… Read full post »
I’ve been waiting till the last possible moment to get the best deals on my remaining holiday gifts, but how long should I wait?
~ Playing Hard to Get
Dear Playing Hard to Get,
This annual dalliance between holiday bargain hunters and
Should I feel obligated to attend my company’s annual holiday party? You’ve just got to let me know.
~ Should I Snub or Should I Go
As a cultural advisor, I spend a good bit of time meditating on the questions I receive, looking into my crystal… Read full post »
It has been quite a while since my last post, but that is all about to change. I have been working on a new image (notice the new pic) and Mr Culture now has a new home on the web - askMrCulture.com - where he would like to invite all the OS community,… Read full post »
I wonder if you might comment on the television series The Rebel, in which Johnny Yuma deployed a sawed-off shotgun; the series The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp in which the lawman often fired a Buntline Special; and the series The… Read full post »
Can you explain what the “Culture War” is all about? And where can I enlist?
~ Looking for a Fight
Dear, Looking for a Fight,
Culture war recruiters are certainly looking for the few, the arrogant, the demagogues - men and women with little or no conscience
How do all these untalented celebrities become famous, Mr. Culture?
~ Searching for Signs of Intelligent Life
Dear Searching for Signs of Intelligent Life,
In the grand ledger book of life, this accounting anomaly, more than anything else, is the clearest indicat… Read full post »
Tell me, who was the better Darren on "Bewitched", Dick Sargent or York? I'm having a disagreement with my wife! She has agreed to let you settle it!
~ Seeking Matrimonial Harmony (aka @scanner)
Dear Seeking Matrimonial Harmony,
Before we get started