1. What is your favorite word?
"Egregious." I never use it in writing, since it tends to sound blustery, but I've loved hearing it ever since a girlfriend's father referred to his other daughter's beau as, "An egregious fuckin' tool." Actually, "tool" ranks pretty high, too.
2. What is your least favorite word?
"Professional," when it's used to describe ideals of speech and behavior. It should mean "Tireless, efficient and passionate," but it's devolved so egregiously -- hee hee! -- that it now means "Stiff, remote and jargon-happy."
3. What turns you on?
4. What turns you off?
Oof. How much time have you got? The list could go on forever; I'm a pretty prickly person.
5. What sound or noise do you love?
A smooth-running car engine; spontaneous, girlish laughter, even when it's coming from me.
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
The T-Mobile ring tone, when a bill collector is calling.
7. What is your favorite curse word?
My tastes are pretty pedestrian; I love me some f-bombs, particularly in the exasperated declaration, "Oh, for fuck's sake!" I also love the Italian expletive "Che palle," whose exact translation is "What balls," but whose meaning can be rendered more fully as: "I am so vexed, I feel like I'm wearing a millstone around my scrotum."
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Believe it or not, until very recently, I had a mind to enter the Catholic priesthood.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Anything involving sales. I did that when I was younger, nearly went barking mad, and finally pulled a Scarlett O'Hara: "As God is my witness, I'll never close a deal again."
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
"This is your lucky day, pal. We lowered the bar."