1. Your main trait: Curiosity.
2. The quality you like best in a man: Kindness/open-heartedness.
3. The quality you like best in a woman: Empathy.
4. Your main flaw: Impatience.
5. Last time you cried: Well, tears, last night when I saw the play War Horse on Broadway, because of the creativity involved in the play and more deeply, because of war, and innocent animals dying alongside innocent soldiers. As for a real cry, I guess 2006 when I was told I had cancer.
6. Ideal job: Author of a series of novels.
7. Scent of a place: The lilacs in my garden in Pocantico Hills, New York. How I miss the fragrance of spring.
8. Beloved movie: Groundhog Day, Two for the Road.
9. Book on the nightstand: Southern African Beautiful Deserts. I travel light and do most of my reading on the web.
10. First and best kiss: I was 13, he was called “Buttons,” and I couldn’t believe he opened his mouth. Best: on the floor after I surprised him his door, wearing nothing under my raincoat.
11. You couldn’t do without: The people I love. My computer. Hope.
12. How you would like to die: Without pain or suffering, in three digits, surrounded by loved ones, hearing the second movement of Beethoven’s Seventh.
13. Song you sing in the shower: Bob-Seger-type, bluesy rock.
14. Your deadly sin: Gluttony. And not unhappy about it.
15. Your not-so-deadly sin: Wanting to be alone, alot.
16. Your motto: Keep moving.
17. Ideal first date: He listens as much as talks, and when he talks I want to hear even more. He makes me laugh. His smile tells me he’s tingling too. He contacts me before I go to sleep. (Never had a great date that didn’t have a second, immediate contact.)
18. Favorite present: A good scan.
19. In the train: So many memories, so many places. Mountains and lakes. Real flatware and china and a white tablecloth. A sink in my compartment. A stranger knee-to-knee through Poland. This is a separate post.
20. Something you’d change in your body: The southerly direction.
21. Your addiction: Reality tv. I’ve written about it and am getting better.
22. Now on your left: Luggage. I’m in a hotel room in NYC.
23. Now on your right: An air-conditioning unit.
24. Now in front of you: A flat-screen tv. Luggage. (My room is tiny.)
25. Now behind you: Pillows.
26. Names for your children: Randall Arthur and Cary Stephan.
27. 3 things in your purse: Everything but the kitchen sink, but always hand sanitizer. Wrote about this, too.
28. 3 places that fascinate you: They are on Bill’s body.
29. 3 people you’d like to meet: I’ll keep it male and visceral --Anthony Bourdain, George Clooney, and Rush Limbaugh (to kick him in the balls and paint graffiti on his head).
30. 3 traits you hate in people: Intolerance, being judgmental, talking rather than listening, boredom (same as At-Home-Pilgrim’s; bet I’d like him).
31. Values inherited from your parents: Sense of humor, resourcefulness, risk-taking.
32. In your past life your were: Don’t believe in it and find it odd that people usually remember being kings and queens rather than servants to kings and queens.
33. In your future life you’ll be: Don’t believe in this either. That’s why I keep moving (see # 16). And that’s why I live in the now.