No red America and blue America, just one America!
No black America and white America, just one America!
Obama's ideas seem like just tragic memories now....
But some things in America have remained tragically the same:
- an uncertain health care system that is bankrupting us
- a crushing debt held by global competitors that will blow up in our faces sooner or later
- the loss of much of our middle class, and growing ranks of poor citizens with no hope of upward mobility
- the loss of pride in our country
- the remaining threats from radical Islamists who have grown to hate us
- the loss of any financial security as a country
The United States also still remains politically divided roughly 50/50 and that does not look likely to change any time soon.
And just about all Americans are upset about what has been happening politically, or what has not been happening politically.
But Americans all have to make some progress for the country and soon.
Our time is running out.
And we have to talk to each other to make the necessary compromises and bargains.
Both the red and blue sides think that the other side is evil, immoral. But why should any one side have a monopoly on what is wrong or right for all of us in a country with a separation of church and state?
Both the red and blue sides think that the other is worthless, nuts. But aren't both sides certain to have at least some good ideas? Because the people are so very different, could each side see some things that the other side is blind to? Could they in some ways balance out each other's weaknesses?
It has become certain that neither the reds nor the blues, neither the minorities nor the non-minorities are going to get any dream utopia.
But we all have to at least have a country that works, one that can endure into the next age. A country that remains great.