Now that I've signed up for Open Salon, it seems I have a blog. I haven't blogged before, but the fresh, new white screen is too tempting. I think I have to post now.
As I reflect on the 2009 holidays I realize:
*I did not go to one holiday party
*I did not go to into one overcrowded store. I did my (very limited) holiday shopping on-line, early, at my convenience.
*I didn't spend money I don't have.
* Not once was I caught in traffic, or frustrated with public transit.
* Because I didn't put up a tree, I don't have a mess to clean up this weekend.
Things I did do:
*I went to a dance or yoga class nearly every day, even Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
* I shared loving, meaningful words with my family, friends and co-workers, some nearby and others far away.
* I got enough rest and ate in the same routine way I do during the rest of the year.
* And I spent quiet, reflective time with my husband and our beloved cats.
Now it's 2010 and I feel energized, happy, blessed, not bloated, overwrought, and overtired. I'm grateful for all the love in my life, and looking forward to the best year ever.