- Washington, District of Columbia,
- October 23
- Gregg Ivers is Professor of Government at American University, where he teaches American politics, constitutional law and civil liberties. He currently working on a book about American jazz music as a social movement in the post-World War II civil rights era.
He is also a professional drummer whose band, Zeebop, released a 2009 CD, "Twisted Standards."
MY RECENT POSTS
- Why the Court (upheld)
June 28, 2012 03:47PM
- Why the Court will uphold
March 28, 2012 03:01PM
- My life in 97.3 gigbytes
December 15, 2011 03:00PM
- Farewell to Record Stores
November 22, 2011 11:32AM
Gregg Ivers's Links
Almost three months ago, I published this piece on Open Salon arguing why the Court would uphold Obamacare. I proud and pleased to say I got most of it right. Here is the piece again.
* * * * * * * * *… Read full post »
Here's a thought: what's the difference between a person who asks a really thoughtful question and a person who asks a really stupid question?
Apparently, a Harvard law degree.
After months of anticipation by Washington's political-legal-media establishment, the Supreme Court yesterday finished the… Read full post »
From the first time I ever touched one, I loved holding a vinyl records in my hands. Loved 'em, loved 'em . . . absolutely loved 'em. I am not a good record-keeper, so I have no way of knowing whether my own unofficial estimate… Read full post »