Just following the meme...Many folks here don't know me well, since I haven't been regularly posting.
1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
I went to my jr. high prom with Woody T.
2. Who was your FIRST love and do you still talk with him/her?
My mom says I was in love with Jonathan Koomey when I was four, and our families became close friends. (I only remember that he was really friends with my baby brother.) Recently I saw Jon speakat Google, and I stayed afterwards and he immediately knew who I was and we both got a bit farklempt.
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
I had a whiskey sour at my older brother's Bar Mitzvah. I thought this would make me an immediate alcoholic, but instead it was an ode to the merits of drinking.
4. What was your FIRST job?
Has to be babysitting (for a dollar an hour.) First real job with paycheck etc was at the Huntington Public Library as a page. or four years until college.
5. What was your FIRST car?
The car I drive now - a 2003 Honda civic. I lived in NYC for all of my adult life and had no need for a car until I moved west.
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
Mr. Tweet sent me some recommendations about who to follow on twitter.
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
My neighbor who said hello when I opened the door to grab my paper.
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
Mrs. Wendrovsky. I loved her. When she saw I was reading way ahead of everyone she sent me to library and let the librarian select books for older kids.
9. When and where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
I flew from NY to Florida when I was a very little girl - and have no memory of it.
10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?
Marcy Turn and no contact since before high school. I'd love to know how she is.
Am thinking it was at Amy Schlesinger's house. Or with Amy at mine.
12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
Neighbor. Other than that - no-one yet.
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?
Karen and Dave's. Good good friends from camp. I wonder where they are now.
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Read open salon after making coffee. I am addicted.
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
Beach Boys. Dennis told us to stop screaming for him. We drank vodka - hidden in a 7up bottle - and I met a boy wearing a towel as a turban. I was 12. I told my mom I was sleeping over Amy's house.
16. FIRST tattoo?
Tats? Me? I'll never tell.
17. FIRST piercing?
Ears. Mom and I did it together when I was 12. She made me go first I might add.
18. FIRST foreign country you've been to?
Does Bermuda count? Went on a school trip when I was 16. If not, then Italy.
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Dr. Doolittle. We loved it and sang all the songs. My dad kept yelling at us to shut up. Course I had my first official date at the movies too - we saw the Sting, and when he put his arm around my shoulder I asked him what he was doing. 12 again. Sounds like a year for firsts.
20. FIRST Detention you had?
Sent to principal's office in first grade for swearing. I didnt' realize shit was not something you said when you made a mistake or hurt yourself. Thats what we did in my house. Actual detention? Never. I never got caught.
21. What was the FIRST state you lived in?
New York. I've only lived in NY, RI (during college - didn't vote there) and CA.
22. If you had three wishes, what would the FIRST one be?
To see my father and grandmother again.
23. What is the FIRST thing you would learn if you had the chance?
To play the piano. I've always wanted to, and have been thinking about lessons.
Thats it for me. Thanks for letting me play.