We've all heard the call, "What does Hillary want?" ever since Obama pulled ahead in the primaries, and as the convention approaches the chorus is growing. Well, now I'm going to turn it around and put the burden on Senator Clinton. What do YOU, the Great Salon Unwashed, want from Hillary?
Hillary Clinton's name is going to be put into nomination. To put down any anti-Obama demonstrations her supporters try to pull on the convention floor, she has formed a "whip squad" -- a name which inspires kinky political visuals that gave me the most tantalizing dreams last night . . . ahem, but I digress.
Hillary is going to speak at the convention. My question to you is this:
---> What do you want Hillary to say in her speech? <---
- Do you want to hear her say she is running for president and wants the nomination?
- Do you want her to make a call for unity?
- Should Hillary ask her supporters to vote for McCain?
- Should she demand the vice presidential nomination?
- Should she apologize for her negative remarks about Obama during the primary?
- Or would you like her to simply plunge six-inch steel needles into her eyeballs on national TV?
Okay, folks. I've got Hillary on my cell phone. (She is constantly calling me, you know, but I rarely return her calls these days.) I will tell her what you want from her.
As for me, I just want to hear her attack her good friend, John McCain, like a bulldog on a pork chop; to see her set him on fire. Rhetorically, not literally. I'm really not into human combustion. Unless there's a good political weanie roast in it, then I say let's have us a good old-fashioned, patriotic Republican bonfire.
But as for you, what do you want to hear Hillary say in her convention speech?