We are Good at this
(Source:democracynow.org, Apr. 4th, 2012)
Romney has steered further toward the right wing as his campaign progresses. In Wisconsin, Romney channeled the anti-union policies of embattled Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker. "In many cases, though he didn’t appear for photographs with Scott Walker, Mitt
Romney was sounding like Scott Walker as he attacked 'big union bosses' and talked about how he wanted to take away labor rights if he’s elected
president," Nichols says. He also discusses Romney’s support for the controversial budget plan by House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI),
which passed the House last week and includes deep cuts to domestic programs
1) Republicans not only want to reduce women's access to abortion care, they're actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven't yet. Shocker.
2) A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to "accuser." But victims of other
less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain
3) In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (Yep, for real.)
4) Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.
5) In Congress, Republicans have a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
6) Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids' preschool program.Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.
7) And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in
8) Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A
spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
9) Congress just voted for a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood health centers, one of the most trusted providers
of basic health care and family planning in our
10) And if that wasn't enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program. (For humans. But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses. You can't make this stuff up).
Encore, Encore!!!! Bravo
The number of government employees fell over 3 percent that year, one of the sharpest declines in any state. Before the cuts,“Pennsylvania [had] the
second lowest number of state workers per capita, already,” said Rebecca McNichol, Pennsylvania state director of the CLEAR Coalition. Yet, she says,
“this past year the budget was devastating” in deeper cuts.
Just One More
This link leads to Factcheck.com the Ryan Budget
It astounds me when I see and hear all these people clapping for all these politicians saying this and promising that. I have said this many times Obama has screwed up plenty of times. However you have to give me a better REASON of why we can’t have a sensible Healthcare solution for all AMERICANS, (Please don’t give me the we can’t afford crap)
Now as far as Mitt and the GOP plan for OUR country, When you start hearing words like
“Supply side or trickle down, Job Creators”
Look at this chart and think
So why am I Clapping?
What do you think?
For more please see