MY RECENT POSTS
- Ever blossoming...
May 22, 2009 07:44PM
- Skellig, for Dakini Dancer
May 22, 2009 06:41PM
- 10 Things I *didn't* Learn at
the OS Toronto meetup
April 18, 2009 06:08PM
- If I had known it would take
April 06, 2009 02:50PM
April 04, 2009 08:38PM
MY RECENT COMMENTS
- “go Habs! (LOL)”
March 20, 2012 08:34AM
- “isn't it lovely? I've
been following the Star's
was truly taken
March 20, 2012 08:13AM
- “brilliant! I've done the
sugar shack thing here in
well, but it was
March 16, 2012 10:57AM
- “oh my goodness...milk
toast! my mother used to make
it for us
too: torn up
February 05, 2012 03:10PM
- “As a Canadian, I don't
face the healthcare issues my
sisters due, but
February 03, 2012 04:10PM
(taken in March, 2009 while in hawaii) Read full post »
...in rebuttal, seeing as I wasn't actually there after all. Boohoohoo #73
- I don't think that 2 people actually count as a meetup, so there.
- Okay, it does count -- but I'm still going to pout about it if I want to.
- I'm a Namasté'ing-sunflower-wannabee. I'm going to ha … Read full post »
...before having another "just us" vacation, would I have been able to stand it?
(responding to a challenge from Brian, as I return to the OS fray)
BACKSTORY & TIMELINE:
Children are made readers on the laps
of their parents.
~ Emilie Buchwald ~
Being such a bookworm,… Read full post »
'nuff said :)
Babies, I'm-a gonna sleep tonight!!!!
In no particular order:
- When we moved from Montreal to Toronto when I was young, the plane we were supposed to/ … Read full post »
(a card I made recently)
Thanks to all my OS peeps for the support this past week after I found a lump in my breast. It's been hugely gratifying to read all the BTDT comments as well as those of encouragement.
My mammogram and ultrasounds went… Read full post »
this is going out to all my OS friends,
of us who struggle daily with anxiety and depression.
I'm not one for traditional New Years Resolutions, but I still find myself brimming with excitement whenever I start a new calendar off. The tabula rasa, the sheer expanse of space… Read full post »
Dang, I was all in kinds of a peachy keen kind of mood after reading my Northern friend Brian's Monday list this morning. You know, the whole back-to-work-with-a-whole-new-year-ahead-of-me, my yummy coffee (Spicy Mayan Chocolate) while typing away at emails and doing some workity work ki… Read full post »
Halloween revellers. Little did I know that Death was
actually creeping around the corner, laying in wait.
Like the man said, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times".
The days of October… Read full post »
39 years old and I've already wasted 9 words. Feels like a metaphor for most of my life.
Born in Quebec, raised in Ontario, I still identify as French-Canadian. Spent my first two decades trying to be everything to everyone, last two working on excavating the real me under the… Read full post »
- Why do you live where you live? I've been living in TO for 23 years now, when I moved here with my family at 16. Both hubby and I own our own businesses
(building off my 25 things about me post, here's a very long elaboration of my #5 point -- more about Morgan's would-be home birth, almost 8 years later. If birth stories freak you out, move along please... there will be lots of TMI, birthing jargon & fluids, etc)
April 2001… Read full post »
Here's my response to #16 of my "25 things about me" where I wrote:
16. The 2nd time I met my husband, he asked if I had a dress & makeup he could borrow. Long story :)
Before we address the 2nd time, I'll backtrack to the first time I… Read full post »
I've been trying to wrap my brain around previous New Years Eve memories, most of which are pretty generic and not really worthy of much reminiscing.
Those of my teen years were spent either hanging out with friends or any of the serial boyfriends I had. A little illicit alcohol… Read full post »
Here's one way to introduce myself to the OS community, I guess!
1. I was such an avid reader as a child that to ground me, my parents would withhold my library card. I'm still a book nut and can recall cancelling dates to stay home with a much anticipated… Read full post »