Yesterday, OSer Candace (aka Femme Forte) posted this fun OC. It reminds me of the Proust Questionnaire, which I did this summer, but few of the questions are the same. So, I decided to go for it. If you haven't yet, why not join in the fun?:
1. Your main trait: Energy
2. The quality you like best in a man: kindness and a sense of humor
3. The quality you like best in a woman: kindness and a sense of humor
4. Your main flaw: Too stressed out
5. Last time you cried: Yesterday afternoon, when I thought a pigeon on our windowsill was dying a painful death (luckily, it turns out he was just a young ‘un on what might have been his first trip out of the nest)
6. Ideal job: Writer
7. Scent of a place: A bookstore crammed with new books
8. Beloved movie: “Lola Rennt” (“Run Lola Run”)
9. Book on the nightstand: The Norton Anthology of Poetry
10. First and best kiss: Weren’t from the same person
11. You couldn’t do without: Stories to escape to
12. How you would like to die: After a long, full life, without too much stress or suffering for me or my loved ones.
13. Song you sing in the shower: Depends on the day, but usually something by Beyonce.
14. Your deadly sin: Most often, gluttony.
15. Your not-so-deadly sin: Cruelly criticizing celebrity fashion mishaps
16. Your motto: “Never stop trying to outwit your jailors.”
17. Ideal first date: A stroll through an art museum.
18. Favorite present: Hard to say, because it depends on the feeling behind it…I guess the most recent favorite would be tickets for a family cruise.
19. In the train: I hope the toilet isn’t covered in pee this time.
20. Something you’d change in your body: My big arms
21. Your addiction: Chocolate.
22. Now on your left: The table where we eat (except when we’re lazy and eat sitting on the couch).
23. Now on your right: The boyfriend’s laptop and, beyond, the window.
24. Now in front of you: My computer screen.
25. Now behind you: The back of the sofa and a blank wall that we will one day paint and put a nice picture on.
26. Names for your children: I can tell you that they won’t be named anything particularly unique/original, much to my chagrin: the boyfriend and his entire culture are against crazy names. In France, it’s literally illegal to name your kid something really unusual; generally you have to stick to saints’ names.
27. 3 things in your purse: A paperback book, my Ipod, tissue packets.
28. 3 places that fascinate you: Paris, hotels, Mount Everest
29. 3 people you’d like to meet: All of my OS pals – can’t pick just three!
30. 3 traits you hate in people: Being judgmental, clingy, and/or lacking a sense of humor
31. Values inherited from your parents: Sense of humor, the gift of gab, do what makes you happy, obsession with cleaning/order, a dislike for roughing it
32. In your past life you were: A starving artist who hung out with all Montmartre’s greats at the turn of the century, but never made it big himself. I’m convinced I died by being run over by a motorcycle.
33. In your future life you’ll be: Hopefully a doted-upon housecat. And then a few lives later, hopefully someone fully enlightened and able to reach Nirvana.